Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dance Recital

Samuel is shy.  We want to help him build some confidence and not focus on being nervous or shy so in October we enrolled him in the dance class at his school.  It was a fantastic deal and I am so glad we did it.  I was nervous because at the first parent preview Samuel pretty much didn't want to stay up on stage.  He just stood there through one entire song with his arms out to me asking me to come give him a hug.  Please know that I had given him lots of hugs, and I was not far away.  Plus, the children that he was dancing with, he has been in school with since he was 2 months old.  He knows them and he loves them.  He is more shy when David and I are around....I don't know why that is.
Any way, at the Christmas preview he did better - the audience was still pretty small though.  With only 4 children in his class there were only about 8-10 adults there.  Plus, like any good parent, I bribed him with a happy meal from Chic Fil A if he participated - oh the power of bribery! 
Needless to say, I was nervous for this big recital.  It was to be held on a stage in a high school auditorium, all of the dance classes would be performing, and there would be a pretty full house of parents, grandparents, etc attending.   But just watch and see how awesome he did!
 
 
To be like you  (watch for someone awesome to join Samuel on stage)

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
 
Hawaiian Roller coaster


I realize that video can take some time to load so here are some still pictures for your enjoyment!

I want to be like you  (you need to watch this video because someone joins Samuel on stage during the dance)


A Dream is a Wish  - Samuel & Grace and Alexander & Evelyn


A Dream is a Wish



A Dream is a Wish


A Dream is a Wish


Hawaiian Roller Coaster



Hawaiian Roller Coaster


Hawaiian Roller Coaster


After the recital with his best friend (Unfortunately it turned out so blurry!)


After the recital with Ms Darla, his dance teacher


After the recital and feeling like a million bucks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute!!! I am glad you were able to capture these moments of him. I miss my kids being in dance.