Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Saturday, October 5, 2013

School Nurse

The other night as I sat down to do homework with Samuel we had the following conversation:

Samuel:  I .went to the nurse today
Me:  Why?
Samuel:  My knee hurt.
Me:  I'm sorry you hurt your knee
Samuel:  I didn't hurt my knee.  My knee hurt.
Me:  Oh, well, what did the nurse do
Samuel, somewhat annoyed:  Nothing!  She doesn't have an x-ray machine!

One of the biproducts of having a child with medical needs, he is use to being around doctors, nurses, and the medical equipment.  Silly boy assumed that if she was a nurse then certainly she would be able to give me an xray to find out what is wrong with his knee.  I would have loved to be in the nurses office when Samuel walked in and asked for an xray!

Two days later Samuel was back in the nurses office getting a bandaid for his mosquito bite.

I am happy that Samuel feels comfortable at his school and that he knows there are people there that will care for him, but I do hope he doesn't make going to the nurses office a regular habit!

No comments: