Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pictures

We recently had our family pictures taken and I was pretty pleased with the result.  I am not photogenic to put it mildly and to be honest, I don't like that pictures show that I am much bigger in life than I am in my head!  However, I want pictures of me.  I want them with my son and with my husband.  This is in large part because I miss my mom.  My mom destroyed so many pictures of herself and so there are relatively few, and those few are what I have to remind me what my mom looks like.  She died when I was young, and I find that now, after 20+ years, I have to look at pictures to remember.  So, even if I find a picture of myself terribly unflattering, I try to keep it.  Now, I do delete some digital pictures right after they are taken because, well, I do NOT want to be remembered like that.  But, I do want to be remembered.  I want my son to remember that I was with him, that I LOVED being with him.  I want him to see that I loved his father and his father loved me.









Pictures were taken by Lauren at CheapShots Photography.  Thank you Lauren!

No comments: