Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Balance

Balance is important, but for me, difficult to achieve!  Right now I am trying to balance the needs of my son, with my desire to be accommodating.  I want to fight for my son and make sure that his needs are met, but i also know that teachers have much to do.  How do I ask for what my son needs without adding to that burden?  Do I put out my mind all of the challenges that I know the teachers are facing, and strictly fight for what my son needs?   We will be meeting an administrator at school as well as his teachers to discuss a 504 plan.  This is something that I really haven't wanted to do, and up til this year, it has been unnecessary.  However, he has been having more problems during the school day and one of the teachers has been less than accommodating.  I am not sure if that is really true.  it may be that she just doesn't understand the situation and although we have had some conversations, perhaps it still hasn't been communicated well.  Hopefully the meeting will go well and we can all come to a better understanding and work together on a plan that will be improve the current situation.

No comments: