Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and Our Civic Duty

I have this thing about trying to celebrate all of the holidays because they are all Samuel's firsts. My mom was always so good at making each holiday so fun and special. I mean, I remember even making decorations for Presidents Day! I don't know if I can keep up with my own expectations, but for Halloween we tried....
Pictures of Samuel dressed as Samuelstein have already been posted and that is the outfit he wore to daycare yesterday.
For the ward trunk or treat Samuel wore the cow costume. I must say that he was absolutely adorable in both. He's just so cute that I think he could make the silliest outfit adorable. Of course, I am a bit biased!



Just for fun we also dressed Samuel as a pumpkin....He is my favorite little pumpkin!
Now, as I am sure everyone is aware, this year is an election year. I have always enjoyed politics and being involved but the last few years I have been rather disenchanted with everything. However, we cannot allow ourselves to feel this way! We need to vote so that important issues such as the family can be protected and preserved. So, here is a picture of Samuel with David going to cast his ballot!

Now, Samuel isn't your Uncle Sam, but he still wants you to vote!

6 comments:

Melaina and Ben said...

Oh my heck!!! He is adorable!!! I really hope we can come out again!!! I would love to see you guys and your little man looks awesome now!!

Quinn said...

Love the pumpkin. I may have to gut a pumpkin for Lily...LOL.

Tammy and Mike said...

Can I print out the picture of David holding Samuel in the pumpkin and poster-size it? I think it would make a cute Halloween picture to hang up every year. What a fun idea!

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Samuel is the cutest kid ever. I think he may even give my kids a run for their money, and I too am biased! I love the pumpkin picture! It looks like Samuel is SUCH a happy baby! You guys must be great parents!

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

I'm making my blog private, so please send me an e-mail w/your gmail address so I can make my blog accessible to you.

Here's Spammy said...

Sammy,
I can't believe it's you. I saw a comment you made on my sister's blog and couldn't believe it. You guys look so good and happy. What an adorable little boy! Where is your new job at? Anyway, I love that you have a blog too. We will have to catch up sometime.