Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Feast

I don't typically write down recipes on this blog, but today I tried some new recipes and I want to remember them. I am really working on de-cluttering so I don't really want to keep the paper that I made my notes on so I thought perhaps a blog entry would be a good answer.  For our Easter lunch today we had ham, deviled eggs, carrots, scalloped potatoes...everything turned out pretty yummy.  I don't really like ham glazes that I have tried in the past so I was leery about what we should do when cooking the ham.  I read many, many recipes and then combined what I had read with ingredients that I had in the house and it turned out pretty well.

Easter Ham
5 lb Ham
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup orange juice

Place ham in the roasting pan.  Poke ham all over with a fork so that there are some holes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a pot combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.  When boiling slowly pour about half of the glaze over the ham.  Place a foil tent over the roasting pan and put in the oven.  Every 10-15 minutes based the ham with the left over glaze until there is only ab 1/2 cup of glaze left.  After the ham has baked for 60 minutes, remove the foil tent and pour the rest of the glaze over the ham.  Bake for an additional 10 minutes. 


Easter Carrots (this recipe I believe came from the food network...DELICIOUS!)
1 lb baby carrots
2 T Butter
2 T Honey
1 tsp lemon juice, I just used 1 fresh lemon

Bring a pot of water to boil.  Put in the carrots and boil until they are tender.  Drain.  Put carrots back into the pot and mix with remaining ingredients.  Cook for 5 minutes and serve.  Again, these were so yummy!

No comments: