Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Friday, August 15, 2008

The Big 3-0!

Wow! Today I turned 30 years old! So, because I'm 30, I thought I would write a little list of things I am grateful for or have learned thus far!
  1. I am so thankful for my testimony of the gospel! My life is so blessed because of the gospel and I am grateful that I have it in my life.
  2. I have a wonderful husband. David is amazing! I have had a really happy and blessed life before meeting David, but since meeting him I think I have become the luckiest girl ever! He is a wonderful man and the best husband a girl could have. He is also an incredible father.
  3. I have a wonderful son. Who knew that motherhood would be this incredible!?! Honestly, sometimes at night I just go in to Samuel's room to watch him sleep, and it is so hard for me to not wake him up because I just want to pick him up and tell him how grateful I am to have him. I love being his mom.
  4. I have wonderful parents - all 5 of them are so important to me (Sam, Shari, Charlene, Mike & Cate). They are great examples and wonderful supports. Of course, they each have wonderful parents and I am very grateful for my grandparents.
  5. I have had the opportunity to be around so many wonderful women...honestly, we talk about the strength of pioneer women, but in my life I have been surrounded by women of strength (i.e. Anona, Charlene, Shari, Judy, Shaunell, Shelley, Connie, Tammy, Jane, Cate, Kimberlee, Jo, Katie, Melaina, and the list could go on and on)
  6. My education - I have had the opportunity to attend great schools and also meet people who have taught me so much
  7. The opportunity to travel. I love going places and seeing new things! I have already been blessed to visit many of the States and I really hope in the future that we will continue to travel to different places.
  8. Music - I am thankful for music. I love to listen to all sorts of music and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to learn to read music and play an instrument.
  9. Family - this may be a bit repetitive, but I am thankful for my immediate and extended family. They are great fun and I am pretty sure that I get my wonderful sense of humor from them!
  10. Being debt free! I love that we have been blessed to never have to go into debt.
  11. Disney - okay so the pay is not great, but at least it has provided us with work experience and great co-workers, plus, the opportunity to go to the parks for free so we have cheap entertainment!
  12. Cheese - I really like cheese.
  13. Cooking - I really like cooking. I don't do it too much here because its too hot!
  14. Giving Samuel a bath. He loves bath time and it just cracks me up how excited he gets when I put him in the water.
  15. Laughter - I have always enjoyed laughing and now Samuel is starting to laugh so that is really fun.
  16. Reading - I really enjoy reading! I especially like biographies. Some of my favorite biographies have been about Benjamin Franklin, Gordon B Hinckley, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln
  17. Clean sheets - I love getting into bed when the linens have just been changed.
  18. Lizards - I love the lizards here. I don't want to touch them or anything, but I love that they eat bugs and I also think it is fun to watch them run around.
  19. Finding a really good deal - I have a sister that is better at this than anyone else that I know, but I love it! It is great when you find something of value for a great price - I love it so much that I love to hear when other people find great deals.
  20. Public speaking - I love speaking in front of large groups of people or even small groups of people.
  21. Popcorn - I know it sometimes gets stuck in my teeth which can be bothersome, but I still think it is delicious!
  22. Watching the Olympics - the althetes are amazing!
  23. Medicine - I am amazed at the advancement of medical technology and so grateful for everything that can be done now. It is humbling to know that 10 years ago my baby likely would not have survived, but now they know what to do and with surgery he will live a full and "normal" life!
  24. Computers
  25. Cell phones
  26. Pictures - I love to look at pictures!
  27. Cookies - I really love cookies, perhaps a little too much!
  28. Knowing that everything will be okay - maybe my idea of okay and His idea of okay are diferent, but I do know that He will make everything okay and I just need to relax a little bit
  29. Clothing - I don't so much like to wear socks (and I especially don't like pantyhose) but I do like clothing.
  30. I like me....I didn't always like myself, but I do now and I am thankful that I am me because I a very blessed!

Thanks for reading and a big happy birthday to me, and also to Katie because it is her birthday too!

6 comments:

Wilde Things said...

Happy Happy Birthday!
Hope you had a wonderful day, and so lucky for you, does this mean you get to celebrate all weekend long?

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Some great deals I thought I'd share.
1. Cookie dough... make a big batch, scoop it into balls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax/parchment paper & then freeze the balls. When they are frozen, put the balls in gallon freezer bags. Place the desired amount onto a cookie sheet when you're craving cookies. This is cheaper than the store bought dough. I just learned about that.

2. Babysteals.com, mamabargains.com (a new deal every day at 9am MST)

That's the latest of my learned tips. That others just shared with me.

Tammy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Samantha! We thought of you today, but did not think to call until 9:30 p.m. pacific time, which would not be a good time for you to receive a phone call in Florida. Hope you had a great day! Love, Tammy and family

Tammy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Samantha! We thought of you today but did not get around to calling. I thought about it around 9:30 p.m. pacific standard time, but that would not be a very nice time to give you a call in Florida. We hope you had a great day!
Love, Tammy and family

Joy said...

You are amazing, and you still crack me up. I am thankful for your apartment prayers you gave on our mission, I am thankful for chess, and I am thankful for your beautiful pelo. Happy Birthday!

Quinn said...

Belated but

Happy, Happy Birthday :)
Gratitude is a wonderful thing.