Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Standing Guard

A few weeks ago Samuel declared that there wa a monster under his bed.  I was tired, and I really just wanted to go to sleep.  But, anyone who has tried to convince a 3 year old that things are not as he thinks they are, knows that you could be in for a loooong conversation.  So, I peeked under Samuel's bed and had a chat with the monster.  I told the monster that even though he is a very friendly monster, he is not allowed to sleep under Samuel's bed.  No, he could not stay there, but he may sleep under my bed. 
To make sure that the monster didn't sneak back into Samuel's room and under his bed, we placed Winnie the Pooh under Samuel's bed to stand guard. 
Winnie the Pooh has been a great guard and the friendly monster has not been back under Samuel's bed.  Well, at least he hadn't been back, until tonight.  Samuel declared that the monster was again under his bed.  I checked with Winnie the Pooh and he confirmed that the monster had in fact tried to get back under Samuel's bed.   But, Pooh assured me that he was firm and made the monster leave immediately.  I am so grateful for Pooh.  Such a good little helper. 
Of course Samuel chuckles and thinks it is great when I converse with the monster and with Pooh.  We have fun together, the monster, Pooh, Samuel and I, and I really hope that these times will last for a long time and our memories of these times will last forever!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How precious & sweet to be so young.