Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthyday Celebration Part I

I took three days off of work for my birthday this year (well, and to get Samuel all ready to start school).  I have plenty of leave at work, in fact I am in the use it or lose it status so I really do have plenty, and this was a great opportunity to use some of that leave.

On the first day David went to work and Samuel went to the school (we have always called his daycare school), and I had some alone time.  First, I cleaned out my car and that was lovely.  Then I met David for lunch on my way to the temple.  I so enjoyed going to the temple.  I reminded me of so many blessings and also that I am loved very much by Heavenly Father. 

For my friends that are not members of the Church or Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have included a short video about why we build temples. 

 
I love spending time with my family, but I am so glad that I had this one day to myself to relax and remember.


No comments: