Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

It happened too quickly!  My little baby started kindergarten.
So I hardly slept last night because I was so anxious.  I want him to go to school and learn and experience wonderful things, but I also want to be with him always and protect him from anything that may hurt.  This boy really is our most precious gift.
So Samuel woke this morning happy and excited.  He got up and got himself ready to go.  He was nervous, but still very excited. 
We arrived at school early, I had to get some information at the office.  Outside of the office we took his first day of school pictures.
A serious one

And of course a silly picture too!

After pictures we walked down to the lunch room.  We went through the breakfast line and Samuel did really well.  I love how the school had it all organized.  Samuel found his lunch card and then we went through the line.  When we got to the cash register the lunch lady took his card, complimented him on how well he did which just made him beam - he was doing so well on his first day!  Then he was told that he would need to go over to the other teacher who would help him to his seat.  It was at this point that tears began to flow, but not from Samuel!  Those were my tears - I really tried to hold them back so that Samuel wouldn't worry, but I was just so proud and also a little sad to see my baby be so grown up.
Samuel walked over so bravely and I think only I could tell that he was nervous.  The teacher greeted him and then introduced him to a boy that was a couple years older.  She asked that boy to help Samuel and then she introduced Samuel to all of the other children at the table.  I gave Samuel a quick hug and kiss, and then I left. 
After I drove away I called David and cried.  Who knew that I would be the one crying so much and that Samuel wouldn't even shed a tear!  Such a good little guy!

After school I picked him up and he was thrilled to see me.  He gave me a big hug.  I asked him how is first day was and he said, "It was great!  I can't wait for my second day of kindergarten!"
Oh how I love that boy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww...you even made me tear up!!!