Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Marian Wright Edelman

I heard this quote at work today and it really struck me at how true it is. I have heard this concept before and I though the quote today was a really good reminder.
I overheard a coworker assisting one of our clients and something needed to be corrected on the case. My coworker explained the situation and aplolgized for the error. The person responded that it was okay. My coworker then thanked the client for being so kind.
I was impressed at this thank you. I have received so much kindness and I am really thankful for kind people. Being kind really isn't huge (although in some situations it takes quite an effort to remain kind) but constant kindness really does make a huge difference in the lives of so many.

1 comment:

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

I sure have been grateful for your kindness. You seem to be helpful even when you need help too. I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me! That first month in Florida when I didn't know more than a couple of people & you took off from work to give me & Kyrie a ride to the hospital is just one of the many moments of your kindness that I'm grateful for! P.S. When is Samuel's next surgery?