Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mom's Brain

My mom was a collector of quotes. She would write them down on any little piece of paper when she heard them. She would write them in a little notebook, on the back of envelopes, on receipts. It just depended where she was and what paper was available to write them on. Anyway, near the end of her life she started to gather all of these little pieces of paper and tried to put them in one location - that chosen location was a plastic bag, and that compliation of thoughts and quotes we lovingly called "Mom's Brain". I'm not sure where Mom's Brain is now, but if anyone has it I think it would be great to have it all put in a book.

Anyway, I am also a collector of quotes. In my scriptures, school books, and other nooks and crannies I have pieces of paper on which I have written a quote that I read or heard and have been inspired. So, I thought I would share those thoughts with all of you. I labeled this the "Quote of the Moment" because honestly I didn't want to commit to sharing a different one on a regular schedule (i.e. weekly, monthly, or even yearly). Plus, if I come across a new one before the end of a pre-set time then I want the freedom to post it....and because this is my blog that's just what I'm going to do!

Now, I would like to encourage you to go ahead and share what your thoughts on the quote that I have shared. You may share what you like about it, how it has changed your perspective, or anything. You may even choose to disagree with the quote. I'm hoping that this will be great learning experience for all those who would like to join.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That's a very powerful quote (though I always heard it before attributed to Marianne Williamson). I love your quote idea, I'm excited to see more like it.

Samantha said...

Hmmm...that's interesting about it being attributed to someone else. I will have to do some checking to find out who really said it. That is the draw back to just writing things down and not necessarily writing down the source!

The tighty wright-ies said...

I have moms brain (in more ways than one) and am working on compiling all of them. It is a monumental task as her brain is contained in 2 apple boxes. Maybe now that Danny will be in school next year I will be able to devote more time to it.