Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kangaroo Care


The first time I got to hold Samuel I also got to do kangaroo care with him. The skin to skin contact is very beneficial for preemies and I think that it also was very helpful for me. I didn't get to hold Samuel for a whole week after he was born. It was so nice to have him close to me. He was snuggled close with his head just under my chin and his little feet were tucked into my bra to give him support. He fit perfectly in that little space.
Tonight as I was rocking Samuel I thought of that first time that I sat and rocked with him. Tonight his head was nestled under my chin because that is his very favorite position. However, his feet dangled off my leg as he sat on my lap. My tiny baby boy is so big! I am amazed at his growth - in just 11 months he has gone from 4 lbs to 22 lbs. He is healthy and strong and such a blessing to our family.

No comments: