Quote of the Moment

This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Still Resting

Yesterday evening we were put in a private room (HOORAY). It is much nicer to have your own room so that you don't have to worry about your noise disturbing others and so that you don't get disturbed by someone else's noise!
Samuel had a pretty rough night. He was in quite a bit of pain and he wasn't breathing very well. Early this morning we finally got the okay to give him a breathing treatment and they also sucked out the mucous from his nose and throat. It was awful! So thick and Samuel was not happy about having the tube put up his nose. He got so mad that he arched his back and just yelled. Of course when he arched his back he really hurt because that pull in the incision so it took quite a while for him to settle back down. Poor little guy.
This morning the surgeon gave me permission to hold him (for clarification, the permission was to hold Samuel - not the surgeon). I could tell that when I picked Samuel up it did hurt him but he just clung to me. He did not want me to put him back down. His grip on my shirt was tight and he just buried his face in my chest. After he settled down he just kept looking at me and would let out a little "Maaaa." It is heart breaking. He is now resting peacefully and I am hoping that soon he will mess his diaper so that he can at least be given some clear liquids!


Here is a picture of David while we were waiting during the surgery yesterday.

We originally brought Curious George so that Samuel would have him, but it looks like George also comforted David a bit too!

3 comments:

Tammy and Mike said...

We hope Samuel heals quickly! Poor little guy...I know it must be hard for all of you.
Just out of curiosity, have you got to hold the surgeon yet?

Jenn said...

Oh, poor little man! And poor mama, too. That would be so rough. I hope he heals quickly and tonight goes better for you.

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Sorry to hear he's having a rough time. That must be SO hard to see/deal with. I will continue to pray for all of you. Best wishes for all of you!!!